Congratulations to LAI Baltimore President Nathan Betnun appointed by Annapolis Mayor Buckley to the Resilience Authority Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will serve as the governing body for the authority which will work with residents to set priorities, and the city and county to develop a project portfolio.
Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman and City of Annapolis Mayor Gavin Buckley announced the first appointments to the Board of Directors for the Resilience Authority. The Board’s first meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 25.
“This board is exactly the diversity of experience and professionalism that we were seeking, and I want to thank Dan Nees and Joanne Throwe for the outstanding work they have done to establish the priorities and structure for this new body,” said County Executive Pittman. “This organization will not only work to protect our public and private infrastructure from the severe weather events we are facing, but it will ensure that we are prepared to compete for substantial federal and private funding, saving our taxpayers from what would otherwise be a major expense.”
Anne Arundel County’s Resilience Authority is the first multi-jurisdictional
“There is no capital city in America that faces a more serious threat from sea level rise than Annapolis. Right now, we are investing to rebuild and shore up City Dock, but that is just one of more than 17 miles of shoreline in the City,” said Annapolis Mayor Gavin Buckley. “The Resilience Authority adds another tool to our toolbox to help us meet the infrastructure needs of the next Century. I’m proud we are leading on issues of resilience, and I’m thrilled we have the attentive ear of innovative leadership in our legislative delegation and in County Executive Pittman.”
County Executive Pittman’s appointments are:
- Jamie Benoit, Chairman and CEO, Information Analysis, Inc.
- Teresa Sutherland, CPA
- Veronique Bugnion, CEO of Clearly Energy, Inc. and Johns Hopkins University Professor of climate finance
- Stacy Schaeffer, Land Conservation Expert at RES
- Mike Sewell, Safety Director, Ernest Maier, Inc.
- Emily Clifton, Associate Executive Director, Low Impact Development Center
- Mariah Davis, Senior Policy and Campaigns Manager, Choose Clean Water Coalition/National Wildlife Federation
Mayor Buckley’s appointments are:
- Jared Littmann, Owner of K&B True Value
- Nate Betnun, Self-employed
- Vince Leggett, Founder, Blacks of the Chesapeake Foundation